The holidays are a time to celebrate and enjoy the warmth of community. As we head into the holiday season and wind down 2019, we proudly reflect on moments that took place throughout the year and the achievements that we made happen together.
This year, we:
- Sent over 31,000 letters to government representatives through our letter-writing campaign to advocate for patient-doctor choice
- Launched our MyGut app to support those living with Crohn’s or colitis in managing their health and wellness
- Hosted a national Gutsy Learning Series to spotlight the exciting research projects that are working to improve patient care and moving us closer to discovering cures
- Supported cutting-edge research through $2.8 million in new investments for research projects led by the country’s top researchers
- Brought our tight-knit community of proud supporters together for our Gutsy Walk that raised $3.1 million in support of Crohn’s and colitis research
- Hosted chapter meetings and events thanks to a team of 3,000 volunteers that passionately ontributed their time and talents
Your ongoing support and kindness means the world to us – your generosity allowed us to advance research, raise awareness and advocate. From all of us at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, thank you – we look forward to our continued partnership towards finding the cures and helping the many people affected by these devastating diseases.
Wishing you and your loved ones the very best over the holidays and a healthy, happy and peaceful New Year.
President and CEO
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada