Camp Got2Go is an overnight camp for children and teens living with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. It provides kids a once in a lifetime opportunity to interact and connect with others facing similar challenges.
Living with these diseases can make kids feel isolated and alone and having a camp just for them can help build confidence, foster new relationships, encourage independence, and create opportunities for self-discovery.
We have two exciting summer camp locations in Western and Eastern Canada and a fall weekend camp in Ontario.
Camp Got2Go is an initiative of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada and has been made possible with funding from Janssen Inc. and other supporters.
A Glimpse into Camp Got2Go
Applications to Camp Got2Go are available to children who meet the following requirements:
- Are between the ages of 9-17 (prior to the start of camp)
- Diagnosed by a physician with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Resident of Canada
Please ensure you have all required documentation available before you begin the online application process.
Please scan the following items into PDF format before you begin the process:
PLEASE NOTE: Once you begin the online application process, you will not be able to save your information. Please make sure you have enough time to complete the application as well as any additional forms signed and prepared prior to starting the application.
- A completed Medical Authorization Form signed by your child’s gastroenterologist or GI nurse (confirming your child’s Crohn’s or colitis diagnosis and your child’s ability to attend a one-week, overnight camp)
- A signed General Authorization Form
- A brief summary (200-word maximum), in your child’s own words, on why they would like to attend Camp Got2Go. They can talk about their experience with Crohn’s and colitis, what they are most excited about with respect to new experiences, etc. Alternatively, encourage your child to draw a picture or create a short 30 second video message that can then be shared with us.
The completion and submission of this form does not guarantee that your child will receive funding from Crohn's and Colitis Canada to attend Camp Got2Go. You will be contacted in early May to let you know whether you have or have not been selected for the program. Don't worry if you have not been selected though! We will contact you with next steps on how to register directly with the host sites. This way you still have the opportunity to experience the joy of camp without the worries of Crohn's or colitis! If you have any questions, please contact Crohn’s and Colitis Canada by email email@example.com.