Every November communities from coast to coast celebrate Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Month. While the national initiative aims to raise awareness, it is also a time to celebrate our community, connect with one another, and reflect on how far we have come.
As we navigate the pandemic while striving towards fulfilling our collective mission of discovering cures and enhancing quality of life for everyone affected by Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, the strength of our community continues to shine, showing how much we can accomplish when we come together.
While the way we celebrate Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Month may look a little bit different in comparison to previous years, we are ready to turn to the virtual world to continue making a big impact, both locally and nationally.
Visit our Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Month website
or read on to learn how you can get involved and connect with thousands of fellow Canadians affected by Crohn’s or colitis throughout the month.
Spark a Conversation about Life with Crohn’s or Colitis
Sharing your story is one of the best ways to ignite conversations that create awareness in the broader community, inspire others affected by these diseases to continue working towards their goals, and build a tight-knit, supportive community.
Throughout the month, we will connect you with members of the Crohn’s and colitis community through featured stories that highlight their journey and advice for everyone facing these diseases.
We encourage you to chime in by turning to your favourite social media channel to share your own story and advice.
in your posts on Twitter
, and use #MakeItStopForLife
. We’ll share your story to help amplify your voice!
If you are interested in having your story featured on our website, please contact Rosemary at email@example.com
We will also be sharing insightful facts, tips, and research insights to help educate others. Please share these posts so we can amp up awareness about these diseases!
Show Your Support With a Gutsy Mask – Now 10% Off!
Throughout the month of November, our popular, limited edition Gutsy Masks are 10% off!
Visit our virtual store and use discount code CURE10
to score this deal before it’s gone!
Purchase a Mask
Let’s Paint the Town Red
Throughout the month, landmarks in cities and towns throughout the country will be lit red in celebration of Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Month, uniting Canadians from coast to coast!
With more to come, the landmarks currently confirmed include:
- High Level Bridge (Edmonton, AB) l November 7
- Lethbridge City Hall (Lethbridge, AB) l November 7
- Calgary Tower (Calgary, Alberta) l November 15
- Reconciliation Bridge (Calgary, AB) l November 15
- Telus Spark (Calgary, Alberta) l November 15
- Canada Place - Sails of Light (Vancouver, BC) l November 7
- Victoria Legislative Buildings (Victoria, BC) l November 7
- BC Place (Vancouver, BC) l November 7
- Science World (Vancouver, BC) l November 7
- Fredericton City Hall (Fredericton, NB) l October 26 – November 9
- Legislative Assembly Building (Fredericton, NB) l November 1
- Downtown Place (Moncton, NB) l November 1, 9, 18
- Downing St. (Moncton, NB) l November 1, 9, 18
- Subway (Moncton, NB) l November 1, 9, 18
- Halifax City Hall (Halifax, NS) l November 1
- Nova Scotia Legislature (Halifax, NS) l November 1
- Province House (Halifax, NS) l November 1
Prince Edward Island
- 3D Toronto Sign (Toronto, ON) l November 1
- Niagara Falls (Niagara Falls, ON) l November 1
- City Hall (Thunder Bay, ON) l November 2
- CN Tower (Toronto, ON) l November 5
- Brampton Clock Tower (Brampton, ON) l November 15
- Hamilton Sign (Hamilton, ON) l November 15
- Riverwalk Commons and the Fred A. Lundy Bridge (Newmarket, ON) l November 15
- Sarnia City Hall (Sarnia, ON) l November 9 – 15
- Toronto City Hall Towers (Toronto, ON) l November 15
- Summerside City Hall (Summerside, PEI) l November 1
- Charlottetown City Hall (Charlottetown, PEI) l November 9
- Olympic Stadium (Montreal, QB) l November 8
- Marriott Chateau Champlain (Montreal, QB) l November 15
- Saskatel Centre (Saskatoon, SK) l November 15
- RCMP Heritage Center (Regina, SK) l November 15
- Regina City Hall (Regina, SK) l November 18, 19
Spotted a landmark lit red in your community? Take a picture and tag @getgutsycanada
, and Instagram
. Remember to use #MakeItStopForLife
in your posts.
Get Your Virtual Learning On
Take to your keyboard or kick-it old school by breaking out pen and paper to take note of the latest findings from the research community during two of our favourite webinar series: the Gutsy Learning Series and COVID-19 Updates and IBD.
These virtual learning sessions offer the unique opportunity for you to connect with the best and brightest IBD researchers from across the country.
Gutsy Learning Series Webinar: Symptom Management for IBD
Thursday, November 26, 2020
7:00 to 8:00 pm ET
Listen to Dr. John Marshall (MD, MSc, FRCPC, AGAF) share insights about strategies, treatments, and digital tools for managing symptoms and flare-ups.
Learn more and register
COVID-19 and IBD Updates Webinar
November 19, 2020
7:00 - 8:30 pm ET
Learn more and register
Can’t make the live events? Not to worry! If you register for the event, you will receive a link to the recording. French subtitles will be ready the following week after the webinar.
You can also catch all of our past COVID-19 webinars here
Standing United in the Quest to Discover Cures
How do we move closer to discovering cures? By standing united – no matter the connection to IBD – to fund novel research.
Every dollar you donate enables the research community to make significant advancements towards fulfilling our collective mission of discovering cures and enhancing quality of life.
By donating today, you are helping us to continue moving forward – together – towards a future free of Crohn’s and colitis.
*You will receive a Gutsy person pin if you donate $100 or more.