Enjoy many flavours in this recipe without being too spicy!
¼ cup white breadcrumbs 1
2 tbsp water
500g ground chicken
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
½ tbsp dried parsley 2
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp sweet paprika
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp dried mint 3
1 lemon, zested
½ tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Mint Feta Sauce
⅓ cup plain yogurt (2% or higher)
1 tsp lemon juice¼ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp dried mint 4
¼ tsp ground black pepper
¼ cup crumbled feta
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
8 wood skewers
4 pita bread 5
1 cup hummus
1 cup roasted red peppers
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, breadcrumbs, and water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- After breadcrumbs are hydrated, add ground chicken and remaining kofta ingredients. Mix all ingredients by hand or with a spoon. Marinate in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, prepare the sauce: whisk yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, cumin, mint, and black pepper together. Fold in crumbled feta. Taste, and adjust seasoning.
- To make the kofta, first lightly grease your hands with a small amount of oil. Then, take a handful of the mixture and mold it around each skewer, dividing the meat among 8 skewers.
- Preheat an outdoor grill on medium high heat. Place kofta kebabs on the hot, lightly oiled grill grates. Grill each side for about 4 minutes until the internal temperature of 165°F has been reached. If cooking indoors, use a grill pan on the stove to ensure even cooking.
- Serve the kofta with mint feta sauce, roasted red peppers, hummus, and pita bread.
- choose gluten-free if gluten intolerant
- or 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
- or 5 fresh leaves, chopped
- or 2 fresh leaves, chopped
- use gluten-free pita or serve over rice if gluten intolerant
NUTRITION FACTS (PER SERVING: ¼ OF RECIPE)
Kcal: 578 / Protein (g): 34 / Fat (g): 24 / CHO (g): 58 / Fibre (g): 6 / Ca (mg): 203 / Fe (mg): 5 / Na (mg): 1,005