The Canadian IBD Nurses (CANIBD) 2023 annual conference will be held in collaboration with Crohn’s and Colitis Canada (CCC). The conference will take place in 2 sessions on Friday, November 3rd and Saturday, November 4th.
Session 1: Friday, November 3, 2023 - 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm EST (includes dinner)
Participants (delegates only) in this session will:
Session 2: Saturday, November 4, 2023 - 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm EST (Select in lieu of CFD Sessions III (workshops) & IV)
- Review the CANIBD awards, publications and upcoming initiatives
Participants (delegates and CANIBD sponsor representatives) in this session will:
- Discuss immune response and the microbiome
- Review updates on nutrition in gastroenterology
- Explore the transition of adolescents and young adults with IBD
Nurses are an important part of the multidisciplinary approach to managing inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Approximately 80 GI nurses across Canada have a primary role in IBD care (clinical inpatient and outpatient care, telephone advice, rapid access clinics, transition and biologic support). In 2015, CANIBD was created to advance mentoring and support for IBD nursing in Canada.
To ensure people of all ages living with IBD in Canada receive high quality clinical nursing care within the multidisciplinary team.
CANIBD is committed to improve the quality of care for people living with IBD. To this end, CANIBD:
- Provides support and mentorship for IBD nurses in Canada
- Provides and promotes learning opportunities for nurses
- Provides opportunities for networking and sharing best practices in nursing care
- Develops or adopts nursing guidelines, standards or consensus statement for IBD nursing in Canada
- Elevates the profile of IBD nursing in Canada
With funding support from industry partners and management support from Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, CANIBD has made great strides in moving its mission forward. Some key achievements include:
- Successful CANIBD Annual Conferences held
- Nurses Travel Education Award launched and awarded
- Nursing-led Research Grant launched and awarded
- Advocacy training support initiated
- Education and patient program supported, including nursing education webinars
- CANIBD Scope of Practice Document
- The strategic priorities for 2023 are to:
- Promote and develop IBD nursing care & education
- Foster greater communication among IBD nursing network
- Strengthen nursing-led IBD research
- Support nursing-led advocacy for multidisciplinary teams in IBD care and access to treatments
- Ensure sustainability of CANIBD nursing community
Join us on Friday, November 3, 2023 and Saturday November 4, 2023 for our CANIBD Conference. Your registration for CANIBD is included in your registration for Canada Future Directions and/or Meeting of the Minds. To Register, Click Here.