Rich in soluble fibre, these muffins are great as a snack or for breakfast.
1 cup zucchini, seeded, peeled, diced small
1 cup sweet potato, peeled, diced small
1 cup yellow onion, diced 1
1 red bell pepper 2
4 whole large eggs 3
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup swiss cheese, grated 4
¼ tsp salt
⅛ tsp ground black pepper
1 cup liquid egg whites
Go back to the IBD Kitchen overview
Download this recipe as a PDF
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, toss the cut vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread cut vegetables and add the whole red pepper.
- Roast vegetables for at least 25 minutes, or until the skin of the red pepper has browned and the pepper begins to collapse.
- Place roasted red pepper in a bowl and cover with plastic to help remove the peel. When cool enough to handle, remove all inedible parts from the pepper, then dice to same size as the other vegetables.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with olive oil or cooking spray or use paper muffin liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, and salt. Stir ¾ cup of cheese and cooled roasted vegetables into egg mixture. Distribute egg mixture among the 12 muffin cups. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until frittatas are set in the middle and lightly browned on top. Let them cool off completely before freezing.
- or onion powder
- or buy a jar of peeled and roasted bell peppers
- or 2 whole eggs
- or cheese of choice
NUTRITION FACTS (PER SERVING: 1 MUFFIN)
Kcal: 113 / Protein (g): 7 / Fat (g): 7 / CHO (g): 6 / Fibre (g): 1 / Ca (mg): 109 / Fe (mg): 1 / Na (mg): 130