A salad rich in healthy fats and omega-3.
1 kg red beets 1
1 tbsp olive oil
480 g salmon fillet
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp olive oil
50 g goat cheest, crumbled
1 avocado, sliced
2 oranges, segmented, without membrane 2
1 ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
1 ½ tsp maple syrup
3 tbsp orange juice 2 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ tsp red wine vinegar
½ tsp dried parsley
½ tsp salt
Ground black pepper
2 tbsp fresh parsley 4
Go back to the IBD Kitchen overview
Download this recipe as a PDF
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice off the ends of each beet. Place them in a baking dish and season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add water to the bottom of the dish. Cover with aluminum foil and roast for about 60 minutes. Leave space on oven rack for the salmon and the crisps. You will know the beets are ready when a fork can be easily inserted in the center. Place beets in water with ice cubes to cool. Peel and cut them into large cubes.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Season both sides of the salmon filet with pepper and garlic powder. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until salmon reaches an internal temperature of 140°F. Place salmon in the fridge to cool.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper. Sprinkle small amounts of goat cheese into rounds on the baking sheet, being sure to spread them out. Season with ground pepper, and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven once the outside edges begin to brown. Cool completely.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix maple syrup and orange juice. Slowly whisk in olive oil to emulsify, then add vinegar, salt, pepper, and parsley. Add the diced beets to the dressing and let marinate for a few minutes.
- Remove beets from marinade, assemble the salad and drizzle some of the remaining marinade over it. Season with salt and pepper, serve with the cheese crisps, and enjoy!
- or buy them in a jar, already prepared
- or buy them canned
- you can use this marinade as a dressing because it was used for vegetables
- or 1 tsp dried
NUTRITION FACTS (PER SERVING: ¼ OF RECIPE)
Kcal: 640 / Protein (g): 33 / Fat (g): 41 / CHO (g): 40 / Fibre (g): 11 / Ca (mg): 117 / Fe (mg): 53/ Na (mg): 687