November 24, 2023 – Gutsy Walkers – get ready for 2024! Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s annual fundraiser is set for June 2, 2024. Gutsywalk.ca is now live and accepting registrations and donations.
Living with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis can be lonely, energy-draining and unpredictable. Gutsy Walk shows those living with these diseases that they are not alone. These hope-filled events support those with Crohn’s or colitis who attend, as well as the 322,000 people in Canada who live with these diseases.
More than 3,500 Canadians participate at 60 locations from coast to coast. Participants typically walk 5 km, but any distance or activity done on the day counts. The $2+ million raised annually provides the means for Crohn’s and Colitis Canada to create impact through education, services, research and awareness building. Since starting in 1996, Gutsy Walk has become the largest single fundraiser for Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, with $52 million being raised to date.
This year, Gutsy Walk is getting even better:
- More and better resources to make it easier for first-time Gutsy Walkers to get started
- For those who want to walk but cannot attend an in-person event, there is now an updated Personal Walks option
- More improvement announcements to come in early 2024 – stay tuned!
Find your local event and sign up today at gutsywalk.ca. Create a team or walk individually with family and friends while making a difference for everyone affected by Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis.
Where the funds go
Improving the lives of people affected by Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis – at all stages of life, from every corner of the country – is why we are on a relentless journey to
- Find cures to these lifelong diseases, and
- Improve the quality of life of everyone in Canada affected by these diseases.
We use the funds raised at Gutsy Walk to implement our 2023-2026 Impact Strategy, specifically to
- Accelerate the impact of research – address key gaps and success factors and shorten the timeline from discovery to personal impact
- Reach further – help more people with Crohn’s and colitis and their caregivers with our wide range of programs
- Boost awareness and understanding – engage and motivate Canadians
- Drive system change – advocate and partner to influence change
We walk to stop Crohn’s and colitis.