Volunteering for Camp Got2Go
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada promises to find the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improve the lives of children and adults affected by these chronic diseases. Volunteers are key team members who help us deliver on this promise to every Canadian who is impacted by these devastating chronic diseases.
Are you the right fit to join our team as a counsellor?
As the counsellor, your responsibilities include;
Location: via Zoom
- Creating a supportive, fun and safe community for the campers
- Leading and supporting campers as they participate in age-appropriate activities
- Monitoring campers to ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents
- Participate in the activities with campers, supervise their campers, and assist their campers as needed
- Working with the camp management staff to create the best possible experience for campers
- Maintaining a positive, solution focused attitude
- Volunteers must be a minimum age of 18 to join us.
What you bring:
- Available for the duration of camp (August 9th to 13th)
- One evening leading up to the weekend for volunteer training
What we offer:
- Past experience working in a camp setting is considered an asset
- Experience working with children and youth and/or in a camp setting is an asset
- An understanding of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis considered an asset
- Strong communication skills
The Volunteer Application Process:
- A community of support, a dedicated staff partner, team of peers and role-specific training
- An opportunity to use and grow professional skills, expand your network
- A hands-on chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of children and youth living with Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis in your community
We experienced technical difficulties with this application form from May 27th to June 1st. We are not able to see any submitted applications between those dates. If you submitted an application between these dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Interested volunteers can complete our online application beginning May 28th. Applications close June 30th, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET.
- You will be contacted by a member of our team to set up an interview.
- After interviews, if selected, you will receive a confirmation e-mail, which will confirm the role and give you information on next steps.
- Before camp, we’ll need proof of a clear Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Check).
- You’ll receive a Volunteer Manual, which will give you all of the information you’ll need and you will take part in a training session before your role begins