Virtual Camp Got2Go 2022
Crohn's and Colitis Canada is committed to offering virtual camp progams for children and teens living with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis that cannot attend camp in person, due to the COVID-19 pandemic or challanges related to their disease.
Virtual Camp Got2Go Overview:
- We are dedicated to continue creating the magic of camp by connecting campers from across the country for a memorable experience filled with virtual activities, plenty of laughter, and the formation of lifelong friendships.
- We are keeping a close eye on the screen time of the campers who register for our programs, and have found what we think is a good balance of involvement with Camp Got2Go while also leaving lots of time to get outside, move around, and do other things with their days.
The week of Virtual 2022 Camp Got2Go:
- Just like our typical summers, our campers will have one week of the summer dedicated to Camp Got2Go.
- The dates for the Virtual Camp are TBD. The tenative dates for this camp are late August to early September. Please note that the Virtual Camp dates are tentative and subject to change.
- Each day, campers will join us for a portion of the morning and afternoon to participate in fun programs and time with their cabin!
- Traditions and silly things that make Camp Got2Go special will be featured throughout the week.
Each day will include:
What is a week at Camp Got2Go without a campfire or talent show? Yeah, we thought the same thing! Your camper’s week will also include a virtual talent show and closing campfire towards the end of the week.
- Morning Broadcast: Each day Camp Got2Go brings campers together to participate in engaging and fun activities. Campers will begin their day with a broadcast featuring important updates, fun challenges and games, songs and opportunities to win some points for their teams.
- Daily Program: Each day we will have an age-appropriate program for our campers to participate in along with their cabin group. These may be similar to the programs they would have seen at Camp Got2Go previously, and in some cases, may be entirely new!
- Cabin Group Time: Just like at camp, we will sort campers to create virtual cabin groups (aka zoom mates!). Cabin Time will be a special time for campers to connect in these small groups with staff leading different daily activities to promote fun and connection.
Prior to the beginning of Virtual Camp Got2Go, they will receive a box in the mail from Crohn’s and Colitis Canada! This will include basic program supplies required to participate in the programs planned for the week, as well as their camp t-shirt and a little bit of camp magic! It is important that we have your correct address (and e-mail address!) to ensure that we’re able to contact you and get your camper’s program supplies to them.
If you or your camper are unsure about whether Virtual Camp Got2Go will be a good fit for them, feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss! We know that this format is new, but would encourage all who feel able to give it a try and connect with other campers across the country!
- Registrations to Camp Got2Go are available to children who meet the following requirements:
- Are between the ages of 9-17 (prior to the start of camp)
- Diagnosed by a physician with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Resident of Canada
- Registraion for our Virtual Camp will open soon! Please stay tuned on our application page.
- Please complete the Camper Consent Form, Photo Consent Form and Camp Expectations Form prior to starting your registration as you cannot save your progress once you begin.
- After registration has closed, we will be in touch to confirm the details of your camper’s registration, including schedules, and camp information to follow!
- Virtual Camp Got2Go is free for all campers
We are excited to get to spend this time with you during Summer 2022!