LOCATIONS: AB-Calgary, Medicine Hat | BC-Abbotsford | MB-Westman | ON-Durham, Halton, York
Gutsy Walk is the signature national fundraising event for Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, with more than 60 communities across Canada coming together on one day in June to raise money to advance medical research on these devastating chronic diseases that touch 1 in 150 Canadians. Together, we will make Crohn’s and colitis stop. For life.
As the Gutsy Walk Chair, you will provide team leadership, supporting the committee’s efforts for walk participation and fundraising growth, and delivering a safe, fun and successful event to the local community, including:
- Communicate regularly with staff partner to identify challenges successes, and walk growth opportunities
- Acting as a role model by supporting fundraising, directly or indirectly (sharing new ideas, leads, doing your own fundraising, promoting the event amongst your network)Oversee and lead regular Committee meetings (agenda, action items), lead post event review
- With support, manage event budget and track expenses including post-event
- Establish key timelines, monitoring deliverables to ensure all milestones are in place/on time
- Act as the key overall event point person, working closely with committee Retention & Promotions, and Operations
- Ensure event follows Crohn’s and Colitis Canada policies and procedures
What you bring:
- As the leader of the Walk Committee, the Chair role is vital to event success. Additional workload exists beyond other roles due to this responsibility.
- Committee meetings take place monthly from approx. September to May, with additional meetings leading up to event day and a post-event wrap up meeting.
- Some evening and weekend activity is required to ensure plans are moving forward. Some daytime availability is ideal (phone calls, emails).
- This role requires a commitment to follow through until post-event wrap up in June/July
What we offer:
- Experience leading a team, fundraising, event planning and strong communication skills (verbal/written). Gutsy Walk or other large fundraising walk event experience an asset
- Open and adaptable leadership, problem solver and can-do, team player attitude who facilitates cooperation and results. Strong attention to detail and well organized
- A community of support, a dedicated staff partner, team of peers and role-specific training
- An opportunity to use and grow professional skills, expand your network
- A hands-on chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of people living with Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis in your community