Region: Ontario - York Region
Position Type: Chapter Committee Member | Community Outreach | Volunteer Coordination
Duration: Long term (6 months to 1 year)
Great for: Youth (over 18) and adults
Volunteers play an integral role in delivering our promise of finding cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of Canadians living with these chronic diseases. As a volunteer with Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, the impact of your efforts will be felt by the millions of Canadians affected by Crohn's or colitis today, and for years to come. We encourage you to apply and join our team.
Are you the right fit to join our team as a York Region Chapter Volunteer Engagement Lead?
As the Volunteer Engagement Lead, you will provide support to the Chapter, including:
- Work closely with staff partner and Chapter Executive to identify volunteer opportunities and lead recruitment efforts (locally and taking advantage of national resources and platforms)
- Ensure Chapter volunteers are provided with the support, orientation/training and communication needed to be fully supported and productive team members
- Participate in local, regional and national recognition opportunities (ie National Volunteer Week, International Volunteer Day) to communicate the impact of local volunteers
- Share local volunteer successes, stories and gaps with staff partner
- Participate as available on task forces and working groups on national volunteer engagement projects and initiatives
- 1-3 hours per week for ongoing support and liaison with Chapter President and other volunteers
- Evening and weekend activity is required to attend Chapter meetings and capture high traffic times. Some daytime availability is ideal for liaison with staff partner (phone calls, emails)
- This role requires a commitment of a minimum of 1 year
What you bring:
- Experience with recruitment, screening, placement, background in HR/Volunteer Engagement is ideal. Strong ties within the local community are an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and experience with public speaking
- Excellent attention to detail, well organized and responsive to timely needs and opportunities
- Ideally, experience in a Chapter volunteer role
What we offer:
- A community of support, a dedicated staff partner, team of peers and role-specific training
- An opportunity to use and grow professional skills, expand your network
- A hands-on chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of people living with Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis in your community