Title: Development Coordinator – Quebec region
Reports to: Regional Director, Quebec and Atlantic Provinces
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing $122 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Our Crohn’s & Colitis – Make it stop. For life. Campaign has already achieved $70 million (or 70%) of its goal, and funds raised are already advancing our mission.
Visit crohnsandcolitis.ca for more information.
With a hands-on role in affecting the search for a cure for Inflammatory Bowel Disease, every staff member at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada feels the urgency of our work and the thrill of moving closer to the answers. Few roles get closer to the patients and families we service than the Development Coordinator. Do you have the guts to take charge of this exciting multi-purpose position?
The Development Coordinator (DC) is responsible for the overall fundraising success for the Quebec region. Working with volunteer committees, the DC will be responsible for the planning, management and execution of fundraising events, including the Gutsy Walk, as well as education symposia in the assigned areas.
The ideal candidate will be based in the Montreal office, and will be highly motivated to grow the regions contributions to Crohn’s and Colitis Canada by seizing untapped opportunities in this growing marketplace. The individual will enjoy cultivating relationships through interaction with donors, volunteers, members and corporate prospects. The DC must be a resourceful and mature strategic thinker, highly organized and energetic with a keen attention to detail. The individual in this role will work on a day-to-day basis with the
Regional Director and applicable Chapters on the overall planning and implementation of fundraising, education and awareness activities.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree and/or equivalent experience; 2-3 years of fundraising and/or sales experience, including proven ability to grow and expand donor base;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent French and English communication skills (verbal and written), combined with interpersonal skills to successfully work with volunteer committees and key stakeholders;
- Attentive to detail, highly organized and demonstrated capacity to multi-task high priority items;
- Experience managing large and small scale community volunteer driven events;
- Self-motivated, driven, problem solver and a team player;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Skype/video chat technology and familiarity with various social medial channels. Experience using a database is an asset
- Available to travel within the areas of responsibility, work flexible hours including evenings and the occasional weekends, when needed;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle; and
- Successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
HOW TO APPLY
- Provide ongoing stewardship of existing relationships with event sponsors, team captains and VIPs to increase revenue and participation in key fundraising initiatives;
- Identify, cultivate and solicit corporate sponsorships and potential donor prospects in the assigned regions;
- Create new initiatives/opportunities to raise awareness and grow revenue;
- Work with volunteers to support planning and coordination of all event logistics, and where applicable manage 3rd party leads;
- Implement national and local strategies to increase public awareness and education events within area and liaise with appropriate agencies to maximize opportunities;
- Monitor and report event revenue and costs to ensure balanced budgets;
- Negotiate with vendors to optimize best value, including gift in kind donations;
- Build and maintain relationships with research scientists and local health professionals;
- Work closely with chapter volunteers and event committees;
- Recruit, motivate, train and support volunteers with appropriate support of National Volunteer Engagement Team and local volunteers;
- Maintain donor database; and
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive salary and benefits program, as well as a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please quote "Development Coord – Quebec"
in the subject heading in your email reply. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provides accommodations for disabilities upon request.