Women in IBD: Emerging Researcher Award Nomination Form
Nomination deadline: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 5 p.m. ET
Prize amount: $15,000 (For investment in the recipient’s research program)
The recipient of this award will have their travel, accommodation and conference fees paid to attend the Meeting of the Minds conference in Toronto on November 6 and 7, 2020. They will be recognized at the Meeting of the Minds conference and have an opportunity to present their work.
Award description: This award acknowledges the basic or clinical research accomplishments of a junior/newly emerging female researcher in the field of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), within 5 years of their first faculty appointment (not including any leaves of absence).
Recipients of the Emerging Researcher Award show creativity, initiative and commitment to advancing IBD research and/or quality of patient care in Canada.
- Female IBD basic or clinical researchers in Canada within 5 years of their first faculty appointment (not including any leaves of absence)
- Nominee must be affiliated with an academic institution in Canada
How to apply:
- Complete the nomination form
- Attach a letter of support from the nominating applicant, the nominee’s department head, or an IBD colleague
- Attach a CV highlighting the nominee’s accomplishments as it pertains to this award
Nomination criteria: Self-nominations and nominations by IBD colleagues will be accepted.
Selection criteria: Nominations will be evaluated for demonstrated innovation and leadership in the field of IBD research in Canada as well as commitment to the mission of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada. The recipient will be selected by a Selection Panel comprised of individuals from the following groups, at the discretion of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, and as appropriate:
- Crohn’s and Colitis Canada Scientific and Medical Advisory Council;
- Canadian Community of Practice of IBD Nurses (CANIBD) members;
- Crohn’s and Colitis Canada IBD patient volunteers;
- Crohn’s and Colitis Canada staff; or
- Other individuals as deemed necessary by Crohn’s and Colitis Canada
Evaluation guidelines (Based on applicant responses, letter of support, and nominee CV):
- Evidence of positively impacting the IBD community and/or patient care in Canada
- Potential for future impact on IBD research, quality of care, and/or policies in Canada
- Contribution to the mission and values of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada
- Quality of recommendation from letter of support
For any questions regarding this award or the application process, please contact Katy Devitt, Manager, Research Programs at email@example.com or 416-920-5035 x229.