Applications are closed now. Good luck to all who applied!
Camp Got2Go is an overnight camp for children and teens living with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. It provides kids a once in a lifetime opportunity to interact and connect with others facing similar challenges.
Living with these diseases can make kids feel isolated and alone and having a camp just for them can help build confidence, foster new relationships, encourage independence, and create opportunities for self-discovery.
We have two exciting camp locations in Western and Eastern Canada.
Camp Got2Go is an initiative of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada and has been made possible with funding from Janssen Inc. and other supporters.
A Glimpse into Camp Got2Go
Applications to Camp Got2Go are available to children who meet the following requirements:
Please note: Applications must be submitted online between February 1, 2017 and May 1, 2017.
- Are between the ages of 9-17 (prior to the start of camp)
- Diagnosed by a physician with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Resident of Canada
Please ensure you have all required documentation available before you begin the online application process.
Please scan the following items into PDF format before you begin the process:
- A completed Medical Authorization Form signed by your child’s gastroenterologist or GI nurse (confirming your child’s Crohn’s or colitis diagnosis and your child’s ability to attend a one-week, overnight camp)
- A signed General Authorization Form
- A brief summary (200-word maximum), in your child’s own words, on why they would like to attend Camp Got2Go. They can talk about their experience with Crohn’s and colitis, what they are most excited about with respect to new experiences, etc. Alternatively, encourage your child to draw a picture or create a short 30 second video message that can then be shared with us.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you begin the online application process, you will not be able to save your information. You can download a copy of the application form as a PDF to prepare your answers ahead of time.
The completion and submission of this form does not guarantee that your child will attend Camp Got2Go. If you have any questions, please contact Crohn’s and Colitis Canada by email email@example.com.