IBD Research Institute
What is Crohn's and Colitis Canada's IBD Research Institute?
In the summer of 2003, Crohn's and Colitis Canada launched the Crohn's and Colitis Canada IBD Research Institute (IBDRI). This "virtual" Institute was created to coordinate expanded and innovative research initiatives in Canada. We are confident that the Crohn's and Colitis Canada IBDRI will change the face of IBD research in Canada.
The Scientific and Medical Advisory Council (SMAC) of the IBDRI provides the collective voice and leadership for entire IBDRI membership. Crohn's and Colitis Canada relies on guidance from this group of experts as it strives to deliver on its mission to find the cure and to educate stakeholders about Crohn's and Colitis Canada and about IBD. Click here to view current members of the Scientific and Medical Advisory Council.
The membership of the IBDRI consists of researchers and interested individuals who:
- At any time received Crohn's and Colitis Canada funding.
- Are or were research trainees or faculty members who have received funding from Crohn's and Colitis Canada in partnership with other granting agencies.
- Members of the IBD research community who have been part of Crohn's and Colitis Canada grants review panels or who have been invited to do external reviews of project proposals.
- International experts who were invited to and/or participated in Crohn's and Colitis Canada -sponsored research planning symposia (IBD 2002, IBD 2005 and IBD 2009).
- Other parties at the discretion of Crohn's and Colitis Canada.
This inclusive membership policy carries the requirement that members are still actively interested in pursuing and keeping up to date with IBD research. To join, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-387-1479 x252
To register to the IBD Research institute, click here.