Get Involved with CANIBDSupported by Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, CANIBD is a community of practice of the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (CSGNA). CANIBD is governed by a Steering Committee and has ad hoc working groups.
Steering Committee Members
- Usha Chauhan, Hamilton Health Sciences
- Emily Cordeaux, Research Grants and Evaluation Specialist, Crohn's and Colitis Canada
- Cathy Arnold Cormier, President Elect, CSGNA
- Barbara Currie, QEII Health Sciences Centre
- Karen Frost, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Kate Lee, Vice President, Research and Patient Programs, Crohn's and Colitis Canada
- Marie-Louise Martin, Alberta Health Services
- Irina Nistor, Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital
- Jennifer Stretton, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
- Melanie Watson, Children’s Hospital, London Health Sciences Centre
- Lisa Westin, Alberta Health Services
J-Pouch Assessment, Management and Surveillance: An APN Led J-Pouch Clinic
Presented by Michele Rubin APN, CNS, CGRN
Time: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. ET
Click here to register
In this webinar presenter Michele Rubin APN, CNS, CGRN will help participants understand the surgical steps, indications, contraindications and complications of the Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis (IPPA) procedure in ulcerative colitis.
Participants will learn how to assess Ileal pouch function, understand the goals of pouch function and be able to recognize when complications occur such as pouchitis. Quality of life expectations and psychosocial concerns will be discussed as well as the importance of ongoing ileal pouch surveillance in an APN led J-Pouch ambulatory clinic.
This webinar is hosted by the Canadian IBD Nurses (CANIBD) and generously supported by Takeda.
CANIBD holds an annual conference in conjunction with Meeting of the Minds in Toronto, ON. Stay tuned for the 2019 dates!
Become a CANIBD Member to access webinar recordings and other educational resources!
- Microscopic Colitis – More Than Meets the Eye, presented by Dr. John Marshall
- Total IBD Care – Loss of Response and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, presented by Dr. Neeraj Narula
- Crohn’s disease - An update on current management with a focus on incorporating Ustekinumab into clinical practice, presented by Dr. Lindsay Crabbe
Stay up-to-date on the latest news!
Register here to receive the CANIBD newsletter.
CANIBD News for September 2018
CANIBD News for Summer 2018
CANIBD News for Spring 2018
Have questions about CANIBD?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about how to become a member of CANIBD, or if you have any questions about your current CANIBD membership.