Type: 6-month contract
Reports to: National Manager, Volunteer Engagement
Purpose of Position
The National Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will work to ensure that Crohn’s and Colitis Canada role models a culture of volunteer engagement, with a focus on recruitment, screening, orientation, training and recognition. Working to ensure all elements of a volunteer’s journey are positive, he/she will demonstrate leadership by achieving volunteer recruitment goals, working to strengthen Chapters across Canada and enhancing and growing community activities delivered by volunteers in support of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s mission priorities.
- Act as a role model by partnering successfully with volunteers to assist in achieving goals (e.g. Ontario RAVE team - Regional Assets in Volunteer Engagement;
- Provide support to the National Manager, Volunteer Engagement in ensuring that all recruitment and community activation touchpoints with Crohn’s and Colitis Canada are positive and serve to strengthen our reputation and relationships;
- Oversee the submission of Chapter surveys and provide one-on-one coaching to Development Coordinators to address gaps and issues around Chapter Annual Plans, assist with ideas, solutions and support to fill vacancies and strengthen Chapter functioning;
- Develop and oversee effective community recruitment plans in response to Strategic Plan operational goals for key priority areas (Gutsy Walk and Chapters) as well as top community gaps per province as identified by Regional Directors;
- Oversee the management of all online volunteer postings using established processes and resources (e.g. Charity Village);
- Provide direction and mentoring to Volunteer Engagement Leads across the province to build local capacity, ensure best practices are met at the community level, and that succession plans and great volunteer experiences are a priority;
- Enhance the success and learning of volunteers by supporting volunteer training development and dissemination through the GUTS eLearning program;
- Support the Manager of Volunteer Engagement with national projects and initiatives, ensuring that all national standards are executed;
- Provide significant support to the Regional and National Volunteer Awards Program, and all other formal recognition initiatives like National Volunteer Week for effective volunteer recognition;
- Ensure that Chapters participate annually in the Annual General Meeting, and that Chapter Elections procedures and standards are met and followed;
- Identify opportunities for growth, expansion and innovation in the involvement of volunteers which support strategic priorities of the organization;
- Split direct Volunteer Engagement support equally between Ontario and the rest of the country through leadership of the Ontario RAVE team and coordination of volunteers for the Toronto Gala event;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Volunteer Management certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution, PAVRO, CVA or other accreditation an asset;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of direct experience working with volunteers;
- Experience providing internal direction and support to staff partnering with volunteers;
- Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills to successfully work with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent prioritization and multi-tasking skills, project management experience a strong asset;
- Self-motivated and thrives in a team environment;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including MS Outlook.
- Some evening and weekend work required;
- Successful completion of criminal background check.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive salary and benefits program and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22, 2017. Please quote "Volunteer Coord" in the subject heading in your email reply. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.