Reports to: Manager, Finance
Purpose of Position
The Finance Coordinator will assist in all aspects of accounting, including the production of timely and relevant financial information. The individual will provide ongoing support to ensure accuracy of financial transactions and general ledger accounts.
- File government commodity tax returns and rebate applications;
- Reconcile bank accounts for various Provincial and Chapter accounts on a monthly basis;
- Prepare and process bank deposits and record revenue;
- Prepare and code invoices from vendors and set them up for entry into ACCPAC;
- Run reports, extract data, reconcile and prepare online donation data, with appropriate coding from different sources (Raiser’s Edge, Raisin, Canada Helps, PayPal and Chase Payment Tech, etc.) for month-end revenue reports;
- Perform petty cash distribution and reconciliation;
- Record manual cheque transactions, adjustments and journal entries;
- Extract financial information for the accounting system using the constituent relationship management database;
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, including A/R, Deferred Revenue, and Accrued Liabilities;
- Manage Chapter float bank accounts; record transactions and update volunteer authorized signature cards;
- Complete various journal entries adjustments with regards to changing coding, receipting or discrepancies;
- Organize all documents for refund procedures;
- Prepare and submit quarterly gaming reports for Nevada tickets proceeds;
- Act as backup to a finance staff member as required;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in accounting;
- 2 to 3 years’ accounting experience preferably gained in a registered charity organization;
- Knowledge of regulations affecting charities and GAAP in a non-profit organization;
- Proficient in ACCPAC, MS Office, MS Outlook; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge would be an asset;
- Demonstrated capacity to problem solve and exercise sound judgment;
- Highly detailed and organized, with the ability to prioritize and work well under pressure (e.g. year-end);
- Proven customer service orientation and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Some evening and weekend work required;
- Successful completion of criminal and credit background checks.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive salary and benefits program and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to email@example.com by September 22, 2017
. Please quote "Finance Coord" in the subject heading in your email reply
. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.