Ontario North and Simcoe County
Type: Part-time, 4-day week
Reports to: Regional Director, Ontario
Purpose of Position
The Development Coordinator (DC) is responsible for the overall fundraising success of the Ontario North and Simcoe County district. Working with volunteer committees, the DC will be responsible for the planning, management and execution of fundraising events, including the Gutsy Walk, as well as education symposia in the assigned areas.
Working a 4-day week, the ideal candidate will work out of her/his home office in the region and will be highly motivated to grow the district’s contributions to Crohn’s and Colitis Canada by seizing untapped opportunities in this growing marketplace. S/He will enjoy cultivating relationships through interaction with donors, volunteers, members and corporate prospects. The DC must be a resourceful and strategic thinker, highly organized and energetic with a keen attention to detail. The individual in this role will work on a day-to-day basis with the Regional Director and applicable Chapters on the overall planning and implementation of fundraising, education and awareness activities.
- Provide ongoing stewardship of existing relationships with event sponsors, team captains and VIPs to increase revenue and participation in key fundraising initiatives;
- Identify, cultivate and solicit corporate sponsorships in the assigned regions;
- Create new initiatives/opportunities to raise awareness and dramatically grow revenue;
- Work with volunteers to plan and coordinate all event logistics, and where applicable manage 3rd party vendors;
- Monitor and report event revenue and costs to ensure balanced budgets;
- Negotiate with vendors to optimize best value, including gift in kind donations;
- Develop strategies to increase public awareness and education events within area and liaise with appropriate agencies to maximize opportunities during November Awareness month;
- Build and maintain relationships with research scientists and local health professionals, in consultation with Regional Director;
- Work closely with chapter volunteers and event committees;
- Recruit, motivate, train and support volunteers;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Fundraising and Volunteer Management Certificate, post-secondary degree or equivalent experience;
- 3 to 5 years of fundraising and/or sales experience, with proven ability to grow and expand donor base;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Strong written, communication skills, and interpersonal skills to successfully work with volunteer committees and key stakeholders;
- Highly detailed, organized and ability to multi-task high priority items;
- Experience managing large and small scale community volunteer driven events;
- Self-motivated, driven, and a team player;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), MS Outlook, and Skype/video chat technology.
- Some evening and weekend work required;
- Successful completion of criminal and credit background checks;
- Driver’s license and access to vehicle required for travel to Chapters and other stakeholder locations.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive salary and benefits program and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 10, 2017
. Please quote "DC-ON North" in the subject heading in your email reply
. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.